Senior Electrical Development Engineer
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
The successful Senior Electrical Development Engineer will have the following experience/skills:
- Experience of working on whole system design and development in a New Product Development environment.
- Ability to form and lead teams, coordinating actions to specific goals.
- The design and development of electrical and controls solutions to fulfil customer requirements.
- Producing schematics, wiring schedules and loom diagrams in a fast pace development environment ensuring high quality designs which comply with regional standards and regulations.
- Implementing hardware interlocks to ensure safe machine operation.
- Creating and maintaining Bills of Material in support of both new designs and existing products.
- Carrying out design calculations as required to provide justification for design solutions.
- Carrying out component selection for design solutions, ensuring that all key requirements are met.
- Creation of new part numbers, their definition and supporting documentation.
- Identifying the need for validation testing and carrying out all related tasks from planning and conducting testing to report writing.
- Applying a sound understanding of Engineering Change Control processes and appreciation of the knock-on effect change has to other departments.
- Assisting manufacturing engineers and technicians with queries and issues during equipment build and test.
- Electrically biased Engineering degree or other engineering qualification depending on candidate experience.