People Regulation Lead
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Resource Management
Royal London is the largest mutual life, pensions and Investment Company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £114 billion and latest ProfitShare pay out to members of £142 million. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,669 people. (Figures quoted are as at 10 May 2018).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
The purpose of this role is to be the subject matter expert on all people related regulation matters, representing the Group People Team internally and externally at all levels.
- Maintain, optimise and stay abreast of all regulations which impact the Group's people.
- Act as the subject matter expert for the Group People Team for the Senior Manager and Certification Regime, Insurance Distribution Directive and the Training and Competence Regime
- Review all Group People Team practices, policies and internal processes to monitor compliance with all prevailing regulations.
- Assess, plan and implement proposed, new or amended obligations as set out in relevant legislation, regulations and standards - with a specific focus on SMCR & IDD
- Provide advice and assistance on people regulation matters to the Group People Team and various business areas on request.
- Act as a mentor and coach to key individuals within the Group People Team to build their knowledge of the applicable regulations.
Key Skills & Experience required:
- Strong exposure of working within Financial Services is essential. Experience of Insurance would be highly advantageous
- Excellent experience of working in Compliance or a regulatory focused role.
- Knowledge of SMCR and IDD
- Ability to effectively communicate regulation updates to relevant stakeholders
- Good relevant regulation experience and an aptitude and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Harvey Nash IT Recruitment UK
Computer Futures - South West