RN Registered Nurse - Dialysis
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN-Dialysis - Full-Time, Day - Ascension St. John Hospital - Detroit, MI
Unit Description: Dialysis services performed for 9 area hospitals for renal failure/transplant patients. Acute and chronic therapy is provided. Plasmapheresis is also performed at select sites.
Float to all hospitals within our system including Crittenton and Select Specialty
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to patients with kidney disease/failure in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with other disciplines to provide well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Maintains and troubleshoots dialysis equipment.
- Displays ability to perform unit-specific skills based on unit competency validation process and department-required certifications, to be required within department scope.
- Provides leadership to health care team including orientation, delegating work assignments, charge RN and other leadership responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- 1 year of relevant experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)