RN Registered Nurse - Palliative Care Medical Surgical (Med-Surg)
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - 6 West - Full-Time, Day - Ascension St. John Hospital - Detroit, MI
Unit Description: We are a 23 bed medical/surgical telemetry unit. Six beds are devoted to the Suites at St. John. The Suite are luxury private rooms offering unique patient experience. Our 6 west team provides spiritually centered holistic care with a relationship based on focus. Alternative modalities such as aromatherapy, music therapy, and guided imagery are offered. We offer an environment of teamwork, support, and professional development. Patient care opportunities include CVA, COPD, pneumonia, diabetic management, wound care, comfort care/hospice and minor surgery patients.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Displays ability to perform unit-specific skills based on unit competency validation process and department-required certifications, to be required within department scope.
- Provides leadership to health care team including orientation, delegating work assignments, charge RN and other leadership responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required or must be obtained prior to hire/transfer date.
- Associate Degree
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing, Associate's Degree required within 4 months from hire/transfer date Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- One year of relevant experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)