Registered Nurse (RN) Oncology - Days
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
City, State: Birmingham,AL
Location: St Vincent's East
Department: Oncology Unit 002
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 72 hours,Bi-Weekly - 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent's Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St. Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
St. Vincent's East Hospital Campus - Trussville, AL
St. Vincent's East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 20 minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL. It is a general medical and surgical facility that offers a variety of programs and services to fit individual, corporate, and community needs. It is the second largest Ascension hospital in the Birmingham area. It is situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful community of Trussville, AL. This hospital has a suburb feel which appeals to those outlying communities that prefer not to have to drive downtown.
St. Vincent's East provides all the service lines that our downtown hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency Department.
- Great location with suburb feel patients not wanting to drive downtown.
- Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in Alabama.
- Behavioral Health Facility on the East campus.
- Free and easy parking for hospital and physical appointments.
- Offers all the major service lines except Birth Suites/NICU.
- Easy access from many rural communities.
- Hospital has a longstanding presents in the community.
- Excellent staff that provides care for those in their community.
Trussville, "The Gateway to Happy Living" where a lot of younger families are moving to. Home buyers in this suburb will find a range of homes, from large single family houses on suburban streets, to homes on private wooded lots. Trussville's bustling Main Street is full of dining and shopping for residents to enjoy. Grab a bite to eat at Cafe on Main or Golden Rule Barbecue, or shop local at specialty stores like Cahaba Cycles and the Trussville Antique Mall. Trussville residents are just about a 20-minute drive away from the shopping, dining, and nightlife in downtown Birmingham but get to enjoy safe suburban streets and a close-knit community at home. In 2005, Trussville was named the 56th Most Livable City in the USA by CNN Money. The banner of the article read - Some towns have it all. Great schools, a thriving job market, safe streets, plenty to do. The best offer one thing more: A reason to go home again. A tour of Trussville and all its neighborhoods, schools, businesses, and shopping centers, gives an immediate understanding of the high quality of life Trussville creates for is citizens. It has lovingly been called "Mayberry" for its community feeling of knowing your neighbors and people sharing the same goal for their hometown. Trussville is known for its churches, schools and now has over 75 restaurants to suit your taste.
What You Will Do
As the Registered Nurse (RN) for Oncology you will provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)