Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Clinical Laboratory Scientist - General Lab Anc 001 - PRN Rotating - St Mary's of Michigan-Standish - Standish,MI
Flexible to cover either 12 hour shift.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Standish Hospital is a not-for-profit, critical access medical center delivering healing-edge care to permanent and seasonal residents as well as vacationers throughout Arenac County and surrounding communities. We offer 25 acute and critical care beds, 29 skilled nursing beds, and a wide variety of state-of-the-art outpatient services.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Standish Hospital, you will have the opportunity to perform laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory.
- Performs diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens. Interprets, documents and reports test results.
- Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Serves as a resource to staff as needed.
- Collects blood specimens using age-appropriate techniques.
- Maintains technical competency as established by the Laboratory Medical Director
- Maintains equipment and adequate stock of supplies. Performs clerical duties including answering phones, data entry, and filing.
- Supports goals and processes for Regulatory Compliance and QAPI
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Medical Technologist (ASCP) specializing in Cytotechnology credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Clinical Laboratory Technician obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Completed Medical Technology program from an accredited school
- No experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity