Lab Manager (SJBA, SJO)
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Ascension
Lab Manager (SJBA, SJO)
Department: Lab Administration
Schedule: 40 hours weekly, Full Time, Days
Location: RML, Tulsa, Ok.
Why Join Ascension?
St. John Health System is a fully-integrated healthcare system, serving more than 3,500 patients every day, encompassing eight hospitals in northeastern Oklahoma and southern Kansas. The health system also includes primary and specialty physician clinics, outpatient treatment centers, urgent care facilities and a regional medical laboratory. St. John Health System is part of Ascension Health, the nation's largest not-for-profit Catholic health system. Our promise of medical excellence and compassionate care is at the center of our Catholic mission as we serve the sick and needy in our communities. The mission of St. John Health System is to continue the healing ministry of Jesus Christ by providing high quality healthcare. Our Core Values are Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication. These values are expressed every day in our actions with patients, families and co-workers.
Several of St. John's most recent and prestigious awards include:
- St. John Medical Center is Tulsa's only Magnet designated facility. This is nationally recognized as the gold standard in nursing excellence.
- St. John Medical Center was named by Oklahoma Magazine as one of the state's "Best of the Best" hospital facilities.
- In 2, St. John Medical Center was named the No.1 Hospital in Oklahoma by the U.S. News and World Report, receiving high performing rank in the following: abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, colon cancer surgery, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Regional Medical Laboratory Inc. (RML), part of St. John Health System, is a nationally-renowned commercial reference laboratory that provides testing services for physicians and hospitals within a four-state region and performs more than 9 million procedures each year. RML provides services for multiple hospitals in the Oklahoma region and several satellite locations in Tulsa, northeastern and central Oklahoma and southeastern Kansas.
Why Work for St. John
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance. If you are looking for a place to work that will take your career to new heights, St. John Health System is for you. Our people are what makes the difference. Our associates commit themselves daily to our mission of providing spiritually center - holistic care to all, especially those that are poor and vulnerable.
As an Associate with Ascension St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to manage the daily operations of the Laboratory.
- Develops specific departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, standards and initiatives.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management. Performs and oversees scheduling, recruitment, and payroll.
- Monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations. Determines and justifies needs for equipment purchases.
- Implements PI measures to enhance safety and efficiency of the Laboratory department.
- Works closely with service line directors and managers to resolve operational issues, interdepartmental/physician concerns within the health system.
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Cytotechnologist obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Histotechnologist credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Clinical Laboratory Supervisor.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
St. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)