MA Medical Assistant - PACE
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Medical Assistant - PACE Clinic - Full-Time,Day - PACE Center - Flint,MI
Why Join Ascension?
As the leading healthcare provider in mid-Michigan, Genesys has been improving our community's health for more than 95 years, and part of Ascension since 1999. As a group of affiliated medical campuses, outpatient centers, primary care locations including a network of 160 primary care physicians and ancillary healthcare organizations, we share a philosophy of providing personalized care to every person we serve.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Genesys Health System-MI, you will have the opportunity toAssists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May perform clerical and/or medical reception functions, including but not limited to scheduling/confirming appointments, verifying insurance coverage, checking patients in/out, and other duties, as assigned.
- The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification; it is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or qualifications for people so classified, and it is not intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under his/her supervision
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Or Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse, or RMA certification
- HS or Equivalent
- High school graduate or equivalent certification from accredited HS completion program is required; completion of accredited medical assistant program is preferred
- 1 year medical office experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity