Workforce Development Specialist
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Corbins Electric
At Corbins Electric, we believe people are first! Our teammates, our partners, and our customers can expect that we genuinely care to serve them and look out for their best interests. Our culture is built on the cornerstone of our Core Values - Build Trust, Champion Innovation, Promote Development, and Operate with Excellence! They set our expectation of each and every employee and are integrated in everything we do. As one of the largest electrical contractors in the Southwest and an industry leader in virtual construction, fabrication, electrical construction, and electrical service, we continually look for people who share in our Core Values.
We are currently seeking a Workforce Development Specialist to assist in achieving company staffing objectives. Primary function of this position is screening, assessing, and selecting qualified candidates through a series of written and practical assessments, and set the highest standards for our company culture and core values.Responsibilities
- Screen and interview prospective candidates for electrical field positions
- Administer and proctor written and practical skills assessments
- Conduct and compile data analysis from multiple sources to determine skill strengths/weakness and communicate areas of development for advancement opportunity
- Support workforce development team by developing advanced training material
- Field coordination of all training material
- Process tracking utilizing our development module trainer
- Champion Corbins culture by setting example through expertise in the electrical trade
- Journeyman Electrician
- Bilingual/Spanish Speaking
- Communicate professionally with the ability to connect with all personality types
- Mechanically proficient with a strong attention to detail
- Innovative and the ability to be creative with modules for learning and development
- Extremely ethical and trustworthy with proprietary information
- Computer/Tablet proficiency
This is a safety sensitive position and all applicable policies including a drug test and background check will apply.
It has been and continues to be the long-standing policy of Corbins Electric to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Corbins Electric complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ARIZONA G&T COOPERATIVES
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company