Associate Medical Researcher
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Associate Medical Researcher - GME Medical Investigations - Full-Time, Day - Ascension St John Mack Office Building - 34030 - Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. John Health, you will have the opportunity to lead and conduct clinical research studies.
- Develops, performs, and publishes clinical research studies.
- Collaborates with and supports the work of the clinical design teams.
- Coordinates and integrates, when appropriate, the work of clinical research, clinical redesign, and analytic support.
- Develops grant acquisition work that results in growth of grant funding.
- Assists in the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education(ACGME) next accreditation system (NAS) resident and fellow milestone evaluation. Teaches residents, fellows, faculty, staff and attending physicians quality improvement techniques to improve medical practice and patient safely.
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to cases, learner behaviors and feedback evaluations.
- Organizes and edits information that will be presented at clinical and/or scientific meetings. Assists residents, fellows, faculty or staff with writing and reviewing the abstract, narrowing and focusing the information to be presented. Helps to create and edits the resulting oral or poster presentation(s) from the pertinent information. Assists in the preparation of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals, and of reports aimed to improve the quality of health care delivery.
- Teaches the investigative process to residents, fellows, faculty, staff and attending physicians on a one-to-one basis, employing the "teachable moment."
What You Will Need
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science required. Master of Science preferred
- 5 years of experience working with Learners on all aspects of the biomedical investigation process. Experience in statistical analysis using a computer based software program preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)