Director of Marketing & Communications
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Ascension
Director of Marketing & Communication - Communications - Full-Time, Day - 250 W 96th St - Indianapolis, IN
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Director of Marketing & Communications with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to direct key initiatives, programs, departments, policies, procedures and/or priorities within given Center(s) of Expertise to deliver on defined goals and implementation plans for marketing and/or communication initiatives.
- Serves as director of local brand and business category for the organization, leading consumer engagement, consumer experience, growth and business development for the market and service area
- Responsible for understanding the unique target audiences of the market and service area - including demographics, behaviors, influencers, channels and value propositions
- Responsible for understanding engagement of target audiences, prospect and lead generation, nurturing and relationship management
- Works closely with market leadership including Ministry Market Executive, Strategy, Finance, Operations, and Ascension Medical Group dyad leaders to understand competitive environment, market share/market shift, growth targets, growth drivers, opportunities and rapid response
- Works with colleagues within the Marketing and Communications Ministry-wide Function to execute on strategic plan, identify influential channels and implement tactics
- Responsible for understanding and acting on business KPIs and financial analytics - and the marketing performance to meet those goals
- Responsible for leading internal, associate and executive communications for the market as well as external communications, thought leadership and earned media
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal and/or external colleagues and stakeholders
- Oversees ongoing talent development and team management of the Indiana based associates on the Marketing and Communications Ministry-wide Function
- Bachelor's Level Degree required
- Master's Level Degree preferred
- Five years in leadership role with strategic decision-making responsibilities, including marketing and/or communication experience is required.
- Ten years in leadership role is strongly preferred.
Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)
Wilkinson Asset Management