Recreational Therapist- Behavioral Health
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Recreational Therapist - Psychiatric Nursing Unit 001 - PRN, Rotating - Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus - BU 34014 - Southfield, MI
Weekend and daytime as needed- 1 HTF shift, 1 weekend/month, and 2 holidays
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Hospital, you will have the opportunity to develop, evaluate and conduct therapeutic recreational therapy treatment programs.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing recreational therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Oversees activities of recreational therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
- Maintains department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety environmental, infection control and all applicable regulatory compliance.
- Opportunities are provided for individual, small group, and large group participation. The program provides both regularly scheduled activities and special events and utilizes a wide variety of public and private community resources and services (if applicable).
- Assesses patient needs, problems, strengths and barriers and formulates and collaborates with multidisciplinary treatment team in developing treatment goals.
- Assists with discharge planning by conferring with multidisciplinary team with recommendations for follow-up therapy and/or equipment needs and instructing the patient and family as needed.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certification by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation from an accredited program required
- One year of related experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)