Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Nuclear Medicine Technologist-Hosp - Nuclear Medicine 001 - PRN - Days - Franklin Hospital - Franklin, WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension-WI, you will have the opportunity to perform nuclear medicine therapeutic and diagnostic procedures providing quality images to radiologists and physicians for interpretation.
- Maintains and operates cameras that detect and map radioactive drugs in a patient's body to create diagnostic images.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical factors accurately.
- Orders, prepares, administers, and disposes of radiopharmaceuticals according to established protocols.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Nuclear Medical Tech credentialed from the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Radiologic Technologist specializing in Nuclear Medicine credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Graduate of an accredited education program in Nuclear Medicine Technology required by date of hire
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement