Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Respiratory Therapist - Full-Time Rotating Shifts - 3400 Ministry Parkway - St. Clare's Hospital - Weston, WI
Why Join Ascension?
In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Responds to emergency resuscitation team calls.
- Educates the patient and family about the patient's health condition and provides information about community support groups and other resources.
- Serves as a technical or functional resource.
- Performs all required quality assurance tests on equipment and maintains daily records.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. In lieu of BLS, ACLS will be accepted.
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist OR Registered Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Advanced Life Support specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certified Pediatric Advnced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Graduate of an American Medical Association approved school of Respiratory Therapy Program required
- No experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement