Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Occupational Therapist--Hourly - Occupational Therapy 001 - Part-Time Day 24 Hours Weekly - Ascension Borgess Lee Hospital - Dowagiac, MI
Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays from 8-4:30
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Kalamazoo, Borgess provides care for nearly 1 million people annually in cardiac, neurologic, orthopedic, vascular and bariatric services, among others. We are one of the region's largest health systems and employers and have been serving as part of Ascension since 1999.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Borgess Lee Hospital, you will have the opportunity to evaluate and treat patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
- Assesses patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversees the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
- Provides direct supervision for Occupational Therapy students.
- Acts as a preceptor to orient new OT staff.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Occupational Therapist obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Occupational Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Therapy or other closely related field with additional training in Occupational Therapy required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.