Certified Respiratory Therapist - 7 on/7 off
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Ascension
Position : Certified Respiratory Therapist
Department : Respiratory Therapy
Shift Details : 7 on/ 7 off (Monday-Sunday, 10:30pm-7:00am)
Location : St Vincent's East - Trussville, AL
**May be filled at RRT level.
St. Vincent's Health System, part of Ascension, is made up of St. Vincent's Birmingham, St. Vincent's Blount, St. Vincent's East, St. Vincent's St. Clair, St. Vincent's One Nineteen Health and Wellness, and the St. Vincent's Ambulatory Healthcare Network, which includes a wide range of services, from family care to home health. Together, we provide a special brand of personalized, compassionate care that balances high touch with high tech, meeting the needs of people in more than 40 communities.
St. Vincent's East Hospital Campus - Trussville, AL
St. Vincent's East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 20 minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL. It is a general medical and surgical facility that offers a variety of programs and services to fit individual, corporate, and community needs. It is the second largest Ascension hospital in the Birmingham area. It is situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful community of Trussville, AL. This hospital has a suburb feel which appeals to those outlying communities that prefer not to have to drive downtown.
St. Vincent's East provides all the service lines that our downtown hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency Department.
- Great location with a suburban feel for patients not wanting to drive downtown.
- Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in Alabama.
- Behavioral Health Facility on the East campus.
- Free and easy parking for hospital and physical appointments.
- Offers all the major service lines except Birth Suites/NICU.
- Easy access from many rural communities.
- Hospital has a longstanding presence in the community.
- Excellent staff that provides care for those in their community
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and developing a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implementing and monitoring patient care plan and equipment. Monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition. Performing advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluating respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educating the patient and family about the health condition and providing information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Assisting with care, calibration and maintenance of all equipment. Participating in maintaining departmental inventory levels for supplies and equipment. Processing equipment per established cleaning/sterilization procedures.
- Responding to emergency resuscitation team calls.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the Alabama Board of Respiratory Therapy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience or
- Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)