Catering Coordinator - Allianz Field
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Delaware North
Establish new clients through networking and social media, trade shows, advertising and joint marketing with MN United FC. Facilitates all food and beverage requests for internal and external clients. Performs all clerical duties and administrative support for Minnesota Soccer Sportservice's Catering Department in accordance with the Company's Service Standards.
- Attends all walk throughs with new clients to discuss party details and menu planning
- Creates menus and drafts proposals; upon approval from client, completes event contracts
- Effectively communicates with all members of the culinary team and event staff to insure all details of contracts are understood and carried out
- Attends all events to meet client, introduce hospitality supervisors and insure all aspects of the contract are incorporated
- Maintains all billing, insuring the deposits are received and post-event billing is completed
- Follows up with each client post-event for future relationships and feedback on performance
- Research industry trends; work with culinary team to update menus based on trends and pricing fluctuations of the market
- Completes budgeting and financial forecasts adhering to company and department financial goals
- Hires, trains and motivates staff and supervisors
- Monthly inventory entry and P&L recap
- Holds weekly BEO meetings with supervisory and culinary team
- Attends weekly MN United FC/Allianz Field Event Meetings
- Manages payroll and controllable budgets adhering to company and department financial goals
- Schedules and assigns duties for all catering staff adhering to payroll budgets and timelines
- Works directly with Minnesota United event staff insuring accuracy of floor plans and set up needs, outside vendors, etc.
- Creates signage for buffets and bars.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in catering operations or full-service hospitality.
- Previous experience with variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work cooperatively with others, and adhere to Company's Service Standards.
- Must be dependable and a self-starter; ability to work independently.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to delegate and coach others.
- Ability to communicate job procedures and give clear concise instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Familiar with standard food and beverage equipment.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Exposed to outdoors and variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold depending on the season.
- Frequent exposure to, and utilization of, computer and other office equipment
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North is an Equal Opportunity Employer