Sous Chef at Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite National Park
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Delaware North
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite is a Four Diamond rated, LEED-certified and luxurious full-service resort located minutes from Yosemite National Park's south entrance and approximately 40 minutes from the iconic Yosemite Valley Floor.
As an upscale, all-season destination, Tenaya is positioned to appeal to a diverse and discerning traveler base. Its own onsite offerings, ranging from mountain biking and ice skating to spa treatments and fine dining, support its successful "roughing it minus the rough part" philosophy and campaigns.
Tenaya Lodge is located an hour outside of Fresno, CA and 20 minutes from the charming mountain community of Oakhurst, CA.
Direct and may participate in the preparation, seasoning, and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts, or other foods. May plan and price menu items, order supplies, and keep records and accounts.
- Create special experiences one guest at a time.
- Follow all Delaware North Parks and Resorts Environmental GreenPath, GuestPath, OSS, SERV, Code of Conduct, Core Values, Policies and Procedures.
- Plan, direct, or supervise the food preparation or cooking activities of multiple kitchens or restaurants in an establishment such as a restaurant chain, hospital, or hotel.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Associate's Degree (two year college or technical school)
- 5 plus years of experience in Hotel multi-unit operation
- Word, Excel, Email, Kronos, People Soft, and related other programs
- ACF Certification (CCC or CSC) within two year of employment.
- California Food Handlers Card
- Serve Safe Certification
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.