Food and Beverage Manager - Honey Creek Resort
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Delaware North
Delaware North manages the AAA Three Diamond-Rated Honey Creek Resort, owned by the State of Iowa, for the Iowa Department of Natural Resources.
Honey Creek Resort is located on the shores of Iowa's second largest lake, Lake Rathbun, 85 miles southeast of Des Moines. The resort features 105 guest rooms; 28 cottages with one, two or four bedrooms; and an RV park with 20 campsites.
Among the resort's myriad amenities are an 18-hole championship links style golf course, a 42-slip marina, a two-story pirate-themed indoor waterpark and a full-service restaurant and bar with outdoor patios.
Overall responsible for the F&B operations (restaurant) as well as a banquet and conference facility. Work closely with the General Manager (GM) to ensure effective overall operations of Food & Beverage, including restaurant, bar, kitchen and catering, banquets. Responsible for the management of all aspects of all assigned areas of responsibility in Food & Beverage in accordance with company criteria and other priorities as set forth by management. Oversight of Food & Beverage in park operations, to include menu planning and design.
- Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy that serves as a guide to respective associates.
- Facilitates special projects as directed by the GM.
- Serves as a resource to and provides solutions to direct report, supervisors and associates.
- Works closely with Executive Chef and Sales department to ensure success events.
- Responsible for all scheduling, training and development of F&B supervisors and associates.
- Maintains all company policy standards, culture of accountability and responsibility, and holds individuals accountable for such.
- Research and development of new policies, procedures, and control policies that elevate service standards and accountability of staff.
- Handle guest relations and monitor adherence to quality assurance standards.
- Maintain physical condition of facilities in conjunction with company standards.
- Order and maintain all inventories for area, maintain cost control efforts for labor and waste management and conduct meetings updating staff on daily goals and objectives.
- Menu planning and design in coordination with Chef and banquet staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in F&B operations
- Strong food knowledge with a variety of menus and previous experience supervising Managers and service personnel required.
- Experience with new menu implementation, restaurant concept changes and updates.
- Familiarity with foodservice equipment procurement, maintenance, vendor relations.
- Strong knowledge of computerized point-of-sale system operations
- Strong managerial and leadership skills required.
- Strong Commitment to customer and client service
- Demonstrate initiative, leadership and team building skills
- Ability to manage frequent change
- Ability to manage their own time as well as the time of others
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality and food service, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.