Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Delaware North
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FUN
At Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack, fun is what we do. It's the experience we deliver to our guests and an environment in which we work and thrive.
"Creating special experiences one guest at a time" is our Service Promise. We always choose to treat each guest interaction as an opportunity. We make it fun and special for them while they are visiting us so that they will share their experience with friends and family and want to return soon.
We extend the same level of service and professionalism to our internal guests as well - our Associates. We are always ready to add friendly, dedicated and motivated individuals to our growing team.The Opportunity
Cook at The Wire
9 am- 5 pm Monday-Thursday and Saturday
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, prepare and serve hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company's Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Assures quality, consistency and proper presentation.
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items
- Packages all products to proper specifications
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet
- Performs other duties assigned
- High school diploma/GED/TASC preferred
- Participation/enrollment in culinary program is preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred
- Serve Safe Certification preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attentive and detailed oriented
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing 25-50 lbs
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.