Application Development Executive
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by USAA
Plans, coordinates, and supervises all activities related to the design, development, and implementation of the an organization's applications development and systems analysis function.
Responsible for technology leadership including evaluation and possible adoption of various emerging technologies as needed to fulfill business needs.
Leads matrixed and multi-level teams to set the agenda for key development and technical activities, and manages multiple development teams supporting different lines of businesses.
Work closely with clients in order to map and support their operational needs.
Responsible for developing, distributing, supporting, enforcing, and integrating best practices and technology standards across the organization.
Defines short and long term strategy for development and support activities.
Accountable for delivery and lifecycle management of technology solutions for assigned client work.
Bachelor Degree Required.
4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 10 or more years of progressive related experience developing strategies, managing major initiatives and delivering results within a complex matrix environment required.
- 8 or more years of people leadership experience in building, managing and/or developing high-performing teams required.
- Experience collaborating with key resources and stakeholders, influencing decisions and managing work to achieve strategic goals required.
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
- Mainframe application experience
- Working knowledge of SAFe
- Vendor management with a 3P offshore model
- P&C Business knowledge as well as IT
- Experience working a multi-location workforce