DB2 zOS Systems Programmer - Senior Level
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by USAA
Provides technical direction within team and across the Operations department. Assist peers and mentor junior team members through the application and sharing of technical knowledge, guidance and direction. Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes, and develops and recommends key work products. Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility. Assembles key participants and guides and facilitates teams in the development and implementation of key initiatives. Provides insight to management on issues. Delivers technical solutions for operating and hosting systems. May lead complex evaluation, development, implementation, integration and administration of internal and external business solutions that meet customer needs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 5,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Understands cross domain strategic vision and maintains team process alignment to achieve objectives.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of key operational processes and executes the team's role without guidance.
- Ensures core team processes are operating properly and assists in team work load balancing.
- Drives and supports operational process change within the team, ensuring successful implementation.
- Actively collaborates with all areas across IT and the business to successfully operate core team processes.
- Consistently demonstrates initiative for supporting and implementing change within the respective domains.
- Identifies and executes real-time actions to achieve rapid return to service, perform complex root cause analysis across domains and implement corrective measures to prevent future service interruptions.
- Configures, maintains and monitors systems infrastructure to enhance availability, improve performance, and ensure adequate capacity.
- Bachelor's degree required OR (4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree).
- Minimum of 6+ years of relevant business support and/or general information technology support experience.
- Advanced knowledge of systems administration and/or systems programming skills
- Advanced knowledge of Mainframe architecture.
- Working knowledge of TSO (Time Sharing Option) and JCL (Job Control Language).
- Working knowledge of the underlying z/OS operating system platform.
- Working knowledge of DB2 for z/OS architecture.
- 5+ years of mainframe DB2 work experience.
- Familiarity with performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with Data Replication for DB2 on z/OS.
- Familiarity with IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts
- Familiarity with VSAM (Virtual Storage Access Method) concepts and Access Method Services
- Automating operations & Capacity Planning experience
- Perform system management tasks and maintenance experience
- Install and configure DB2 for z/OS and associated DB2 for z/OS Tools
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of DB2 for z/OS architecture
USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.