Business Intelligence/ETL Engineer - Senior Level
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by USAA
USAA Business Intelligence/ETL Engineers are not only experts in data analysis, but are also well versed in our business goals and member's needs. USAA is driven by personal service, but we are fueled by data. Understanding the trends and meaning behind our data helps us improve the member experience. And to us, that's priceless (which is saying something for a financial company).
Here, you will find more than IT solutions within the data. You will discover the trust, new ideas, human interactions and better ways to impact our members.
As a Business Intelligence/ETL Engineer, you will work to harden, enhance and support our data and analytics environments, cycles, data quality, dashboards and reports. You will lead team members on projects that include Return-to-Service (RTS) analysis, break-fix enhancements, ETL framework enhancements, data quality enhancements, usage reporting and general design, coding and release/build activities.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: We're Hiring Phoenix
This Job Posting is for multiple openings available in 2018.
- Utilizing technical expertise; Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms. Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability. Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals. Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with business or technical departments.
- Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user requirements. Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance and availability. Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews. Typically serves as a resource to the business.
- Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the accuracy of estimates developed by less experienced internal and third party team members. Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal and third party team members to execute. Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life cycle. May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills development of team members.
- Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical work packages to cross-functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle. Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
- Coordinates system application transition from development teams to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and implements necessary controls to assure system/application traceability.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of I/T experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- AND, 6+ years of software development experience in a BI/ETL discipline with at least 2 years utilizing ETL Tools such as Informatica or Datastage
- 6+ years experience with DataStage or Informatica
- 3+ years experience leading teams in an I/T environment
- 5+ years experience in a reporting/analytic role with a focus
- 5+ years experience with SAP Business Objects including Universe Designer, Web Intelligence, Xcelsius/Dashboards and Explorer
- 5+ years experience with SAP Business Objects Design Studio
- Advanced SQL development skills
- 3+ years experience with Unix Scripting
- Proficient in dimensional database design or data modeling
USAA Business Intelligence/ETL Engineers create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
- Community-focused, dependable and committed
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.