Information Governance Advisor Senior - Marketing
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by USAA
Community: Data & Analytics
Jobs that are part of a community have unique requirements established to maintain consistent application, usage and reporting structure. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner for additional information on specific requirements prior to posting and/or employee placement into this job.
The ESM Information Governance and Management team is looking for motivated individuals to help Enterprise Strategy and Marketing leaders manage and deliver data in a compliant manner. The candidate must enjoy working with various levels of leadership and helping others be successful. The candidate must be flexible and work in an fast undefined environment. This is an opportunity to be part of an up and growing team with opportunities to grow and learn.
Provides governance, quality, integrity and timeliness of operational data for the enterprise. Establishes and enforces enterprise data policies, standards, practices and processes according to best practices. Monitors the use of data to ensure careful control and effective use to achieve enterprise objectives. Facilitates and participates in cross-functional teams in the development of information and data governance initiatives. Participates in the development of strategies, policies, principles, procedures, standards and metrics. Viewed as senior resource in given field for department and/or unit. Provides technical advice to lower level associates and other functional areas.
- Synthesizes key information / data and research in order to recommend information governance initiatives that meet business goals.
- Determines business requirements and works with business stewards to determine improvement initiatives.
- Develops business case and ROI for implementing information governance enterprise wide.
- Provides strategic partnership for institutionalizing information governance decisions, principles, policies and procedures.
- Identifies opportunities to include information governance into business processes.
- Recommends information governance and best practices, tools and associated processes across the enterprise.
- Authors information governance guidelines, principles, policies, and standards for information / data stewards, stakeholders, and development teams.
- Orchestrates audits of information governance capabilities through subject matter experts.
- Conducts 'as is' assessment of information governance process and tools.
- Prepares formal reports and presentations of findings and recommendations; presents findings to various levels of leadership.
- Responsible for acquiring and applying advanced knowledge of various lines of the business, channels, and their applications and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field OR 4 years work experience in information governance, information management or information architecture can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required OR A Master's Degree in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field OR A PhD in Information Architecture, Information Management, Information Studies or a related technical field
- If Bachelor's degree, 6 or more years experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting OR If Master's degree, 4 or more years experience in Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting OR If PhD, 3 or more years experience Information or Data related practices to include: information governance, information management, information architecture, IT, analysis and reporting.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Experience working in agile environment
- Experience working with risk, compliance and audit
- Great communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of employees
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 01/31/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.