Director, Master and Reference Data
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by USAA
Provides direction to teams across the enterprise regarding the development and implementation of the information management strategy to support the measuring and monitoring of enterprise business needs. Collaborates with the architectural communities and other information management activities. Influences and drives awareness of information strategy and architecture to the enterprise. Directs the development and implementation of strategies that supports maturing USAA's business capabilities.
- Leverages expert data management knowledge to oversee development of data quality and metadata processes, as well as the providing oversight in the development of data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics/quality expectations for data elements that support critical business processes.
- Oversees development and of the data quality tests/assessment practice.
- Leads discussions with cross-functional teams on complex problems.
- Oversee establishment of data profiling standards and best practices.
- Consults with business and IT process owners to review the effectiveness of complex data quality controls and metadata capture.
- Lead alignment and integration of best practices and tools based on business needs.
- Leverages expert knowledge to consult and provide oversight in the development and implementation of controls that would mitigate highly complex data quality risk.
- Consults on high risk data quality corrective action plans.
- Oversees development of best practices for enterprise data quality programs and standards.
- Sets direction for and oversees establishment of data quality process compliance adherence.
- Consults on failures from high risk compliance assessment checks.
- Sets direction for metadata repository management in collaboration with enterprise data and analytic stakeholders.
- Leverages expert data management knowledge to consult and provide oversight on the impact of high risk changes to reference data.
- Collaborates with enterprise data and analytic stakeholders on reconciliation and maintenance of reference data.
- Bachelor's degree in a Business or Science discipline required (4 additional years' work experience in data management, data quality or business application function or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience required) Or A Master's degree in Business or Science discipline Or A PhD in Business or Science discipline
- If Bachelor's degree, 8 or more years experience in a data management, data quality or business application function OR If Master's degree, 6 or more years experience in a data management, data quality or business application function OR If PhD, 5 or more years experience in a data management, data quality or business application function
- 3 or more years of direct and/or indirect management experience
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 3 years supporting Enterprise Information Management function
- Experience leading cross functional teams of Business and IT resources
- Experience implementing and managing Master and/or Reference data
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 03/10/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.