Business Risk and Controls Advisor III
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by USAA
Positioned in the first line of defense to ensure the overall effectiveness of risk and compliance management programs, risk analytics and operations in the business. This role will partner and collaborate with Compliance and Risk Management, as well as Business Operations, IT, Audit Services, and Regulators to support risk and compliance based initiatives. Responsible for ensuring adherence to the governance of the established risk framework and ongoing supervision of business controls including risk and control self-assessments, identification and evaluation of control effectiveness, identifying control failures, facilitating risk and compliance remediation, market conduct exams, and monitoring the first line of defense in an effort to minimize risk exposures and strengthen the overall control environment. Leverages risk assessment data, and identifies key data-driven insights tied to first line of defense.
- Assists with routine initiatives on behalf of the business in support of risk and/or regulatory compliance related initiatives: oversight of procedures/process, accurate regulatory reporting and filing, document governance, risk control self-assessments, procedure governance, control design, new product controls, supplier governance, or quality governance.
- Assists with monitoring business controls using established processes and applies a basic knowledge to review, monitor and test internal controls.
- Assists with performing first line of defense data analysis, report preparation and trend analysis, utilizing business intelligence tools
- Seeks guidance from team members to evaluate the effectiveness of established business controls, and collaborates to make recommendations to improve policy and/or procedures.
- Learns to translate control deficiencies into action plans and may assist with contributing to the enhancement of governance practices in alignment with risk and compliance frameworks.
- Partners with process owners to identify control failures.
- Works in partnership with team members to make recommendations and may participate in the remediation through action plan coordination and support.
- Follows documented processes to escalate issues and findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree; 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Up to 2 years of business operations experience in a relevant functional area to include financial services, insurance, banking, investment, information technology, public accounting, or other related industry required.
- Foundational knowledge of relevant regulatory compliance, industry regulations and regulatory data sources required.
- 1 year experience with audit or internal control testing
- SOX Testing/ Public Company and/or Big 4 experience
- Master's Degree, CPA, CIA, CRMA, CCSA, CISA
- Knowledge of COSO, understanding of Sarbanes Oxley 404 and PCAOB Standards
- Broad knowledge of risk, audit, controls (specifically financial controls; organizational, Application and IT General Controls), compliance and fraud
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.