Risk Analyst - Senior Level (Bank Enterprise Risk Management)
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by USAA
This job posting is for multiple openings.
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff agency in key risk identification, measurement and aggregation, and the understanding and management of risk through appropriate practices and processes. Assesses and mitigates enterprise and business exposures through the identification of key and emerging risks and evaluates alignment with risk strategy and appetite. Monitors the risk and control environment to ensure that exposures are kept at acceptable levels and may consult on risk mitigation plans.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
A BOUT USAA RISK Management
USAA is a growing financial services company and the Risk Management function at USAA is an important part of this growth. It is an exciting time at USAA and in our Risk Management organization. We are a diversified team of Risk professionals, working across all lines of business across USAA operations (banking, insurance, investments) seeing the incredible growth first-hand. Working at USAA in Risk Management affords you the ability to be a part of USAA's noble mission on a daily basis. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
- Partners with key stakeholders in the business to identify, assess, aggregate and document risks and controls, including risks associated with new or modified products, services, distribution channels, regulations and third-party operations using advanced knowledge.
- Presents findings to various levels of leadership.
- Communicates results of risk assessments to governance committees, business process owners and various levels of leadership.
- Implements new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure holistic understanding and management of risks according to industry best practice.
- Enhances and contributes to strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure, monitor, and report risks.
- Applies advanced knowledge to utilize or produce analytical material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Serves as a key contributor in cross-functional teams to identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk events.
- Effectively contributes to projects that impact the organization.
- Serves as a key contributor on projects that may impact the enterprise or a core operating area.
- Formulates stress test plans for a line of business or the enterprise including the evaluation of results and framing of contingency plans in partnership with key business stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a related field required OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of 6+ years operations experience in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance, financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or other related operational area; OR advanced degree/designation in a quantitative discipline relevant to risk management and up to 4 years relevant risk management work experience; OR PhD in a quantitative discipline and 2+ years of relevant risk management work experience
Demonstrated knowledge of risk management principles, tools and applicable systems
Strong problem-solving abilities and research skills
S trong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external partners in a highly collaborative, matrixes environment
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and decision-making abilities
- Proactively identify potential concerns and follow-up to resolve issues
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel and PowerPoint
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 5+ years of experience within a large financial institution subject to Heightened Standards, specifically in risk, compliance, or corporate governance
- Prior regulator experience and/or working knowledge of regulatory requirements to include OCC Heightened Standards
- Effective challenge experience in 2nd Line of Defense/Independent Risk Management role with focus on evaluating and documenting adherence to Risk Governance Framework
- Strong Risk Assessment Framework knowledge and experience including execution/oversight of Risk Control Self Assessments, Business Unit Risk Assessments, and Targeted Risk Assessments
- Experience implementing a risk identification process, aggregating risk, and executing risk reporting
- Experience analyzing various types of risks and data with output to dashboards and/or formal written assessments
- Experience developing clear and concise written analysis and communicating conclusions/findings to senior management and Board committees
- Experience building reports and presentations and managing projects
- Working knowledge of credit, financial, operational, compliance, strategic, and reputation risks
- Experience with reviewing, testing and challenging risk assessments
USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education. We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 03/03/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.