Java Developer - Dublin
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by emagine
Job Description and Responsibilities
Design and develop (write code) application projects for an enterprise wide application. Must be able to understand very complex systems and utilize development patterns to develop key components in a clustered and multithreaded environment which is highly scalable with continued good performance. Must be self-driven, communicate well and work well on a team of other developers. Some projects may lead others may be led depending upon project priorities and functionality. Must work with business to understand requirements and architecture leads to develop a strategic design. Ultimately responsible for delivery of project into production. Experience working in an Agile environment is desired.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline or comparable work experience is required.
- Independent worker with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) to document/communicate issues.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple competing tasks and priorities with rapidly changing environment.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a Developer/Lead capacity.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in reviewing requirements and project documentation to understand the application.
- Solid computer programming experience (Java, SQL, .Net, VBScript, & HTML).
- Strong experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to assist with offshore/onshore task co-ordination.
- Experience in version control using Git.
- Experience in Dev Ops, continuous delivery and continuous integration.
- Spring exposure, Transaction knowledge, JaxB, JMS, Jdbc, web services, Weblogic, MQ, and good handle on core Java (streams/files/collections).
emagine Consulting are an independent professional services consultancy with 30 years of experience specialising in the banking and financial services industry. We partner with our clients to meet their immediate and long term business initiatives. We achieve this by leveraging our expert and proprietary industry knowledge, coupled up with an extensive understanding of their business needs to drive the right solution for our clients. With our practice-based organisational structure, combined with our agile delivery model, we are able to successfully deliver highly complex, cross region programmes/projects for our clients.
Our Core Values
At emagine Consulting we consistently strive to deliver high standards and best practice to our customers, colleagues and consultants. Whilst we have had many successes, we aim not to dwell on them; instead our agenda and approach is to always seek to improve on our past successes and to better ourselves. Our five core values, internally known as the 5C's assist us in making sure that we remain consistent across all functions, departments and sectors.
Our 5 Core Values Are As Follows
Caring - we are attentive, we listen and learn from each other
Committed - we are committed to delivering results
Courageous - we dare to explore new realms of possibility
Collaborative - we trust each other and work as a reliable team
Creative - we think outside the box, with expertise and imagination
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will already have the legal right to live and work in Ireland.
emagine Consulting are an equal opportunity employer, and employment practices are based strictly on merit. It is the policy of the Company to give equal opportunity in employment regardless of sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, religion or ethnic origin.