Internal Auditor - Senior Manager - Banking
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Alexander Ash Consulting Ltd
Our Client a "big 4" consultancy firm has an urgent need for an Internal Auditor to join their Banking team on this opportunity to play a leadership role in managing dynamic IA teams leveraging fellow SMEs skills and making a real value adding client impact.
This is an excellent opportunity to break into Consulting and explore new projects and clients while climbing the career ladder.
As a Senior Manager, you will be developing client relationships and supporting business development initiatives and supporting partners/directors to lead a variety of IA engagements covering the spectrum of services that we provide including:
- Reviewing and helping to establish internal audit functions;
- Creating audit plans;
- Delivery of individual and/or a programme of internal audit projects;
- Partnering with clients to supply specialist SME resource;
- Secondments to IA functions to help deliver audits;
- Performing external assessments of internal audit functions; and
- Supporting the delivery of training to IA teams on regulatory themes, IA and industry hot topics.
- Assisting with building new client relationships through attendance at both internally hosted and external events.
- Managing a portfolio of existing IA clients and developing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Supporting the partners/directors to prepare for business development meetings with target clients, attending those meetings and helping to manage the opportunities pipeline.
- Understanding clients' IA needs and highlighting further work opportunities to client service teams and assisting in the development of compelling proposals/solutions to support new business initiatives.
- Attending key clients meetings (ie planning and risk assessments, Audit Committee etc.) with senior auditees/stakeholders.
- Reviewing key client deliverables such as IA reports, working papers, and audit programs including managing the input from subject matter experts before final quality assurance by partners/directors.
- Sharing knowledge and insights on current and emerging FS and IA best practice, issues and trends.
- Achieved an accountancy qualification including but not limited to ACA, ACCA, IIA, CCAB
- Significant Internal Audit and/or Risk Management experience, including experience of co-ordinating teams delivering audits and management of annual planning processes.
- Private sector and/or professional services experience within FS clients.