Desktop Support Engineer: Czech Republic
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by HCL GB Ltd
Local language is mandatory
Desktop Support Engineer providing Break-Fix, fault diagnosis, resolution and installation/deployment of new hardware with in the core campus location.
Desktop Support Engineer providing Break Fix, fault diagnosis and resolution. Providing fault analysis to customer's various core operating systems and platforms, as well be able provide support and apply desktop fault resolution for the approved application suite. Diagnose hardware faults and provide both remote assistance and desk side support to various business areas with the support remit. Provide expertise in all aspects of IT desktop fault function and deployment of all new kit and peripherals under the Installs, Moves and changes environment.
- Desktop support experience. Must have performed desktop support role in last 18 months
- Strong Break/Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers
- Minimum 4 years face to face experience required in Desktop Support role with half of it with a private organisation preferably with manufacturing sector
- Outstanding customer service
- Outstanding presentation & communication
- Post Deployment Support/Floor Walking/Desktop Support preferably with in last 3 years
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software
- Strong Microsoft Windows o/s experience - Especially for Windows XP and Windows 7
- Strong Software management environment understanding
- Understanding of Asset Management system
- Fault analysis for Microsoft Office Suite 2007/2010/2013
- 2nd line fault analysis and experience of Microsoft Office (Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel 2003/2007/2010)
- Smartphone/Blackberry Support
- Experience of supporting VPN and remote connection tools, in relation to Broadband and 3G technologies.
- Experience with video conferencing
- Experience providing remote fault analysis, via verbal communication and IT remote control tools.
- Active Directory user account administration experience.
- This position requires the ability to work in a project-based environment requiring flexibility and teamwork. Performs other duties as assigned
- Background security check required