Enterprise System Architect
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Base 3
Enterprise System Architect
You will be joining the Enterprise Architecture department.
The Enterprise Architecture team (EA) is a multi-disciplinary group of experienced architects in charge of:
- Defining the enterprise architecture directions & standards aligned to the company strategies & goals.
- Creating business cases to develop or transform the IT capabilities supporting the business units' strategies.
- Maintaining a multi-year IT plan & technology roadmap, and providing steer for the decisions on IT investments.
- Defining IT architecture solutions (integrated process, applications, data and technology) to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture directions, and guiding the IT development teams during solution realization.
- GOOD command of English. (written & spoken)
- 3-5 year experience as enterprise architect. (ideally in a global/central/group enterprise architecture unit)
- We need the person to be quickly productive >= fast learner, result-oriented, autonomous, up-to-speed with today's themes (digital transformation, cloud, AI, agile, etc.), able to tap on external resources (own network, etc.) when required.
- You can tackle autonomously all types of architectural analysis and can provide global & pragmatic recommendations adapted to the company context.
- You have a strong desire to make a difference: you are convinced that small focused cross-functional teams can significantly improve the business alignment and the value of proposed solutions in terms of TCO, risk, time-to-market and future agility.
- You are conceptual and creative: you are able to recognize common patterns or generic aspects in elements that seem unrelated at first sight, and to transpose existing solutions in a creative fashion to new situations.
- You are a strong problem-solver: you demonstrate strong analytical skills (eg breaking up & structuring complex problems into manageable pieces), you can apply them to problems spanning across multiple architectural domains, you strive for a pragmatic approach (80/20 rule) and you focus on tangible and actionable results.
- You identify the need for change and propose solutions that are innovative and have a significant strategic impact.
- You are able to work with people from different areas (Business and IT) through strong inter-personal skills (active listening, empathy, influencing) and to steer working groups.
- You are able to effectively communicate and advocate for the architecture recommendations vis-à-vis project delivery teams and senior business and IT management of the company.
- A strong command of English is required.
- Knowledge of post-trade market infrastructures, as well as knowledge in Enterprise Architecture frameworks (eg TOGAF), are extra assets.