Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by PF1Professional Services, Inc.
Note: This is not a C2C opportunity. This a 6 Month Contract with the Right to Hire after 6 months. Individuals must be willing to work directly for PF1 Professional Services during the contract period at an agreed upon rate for each hour worked. If the individual rolls over to permanent after the 6 month contract, the salary range will be in the $85K to $100K and will be agreed upon before individual starts to work.
Summary: The Systems Engineer is responsible for administration and maintenance of the computing and telecommunications infrastructure throughout the company as well as providing a reliable and responsive desktop environment. The position is responsible for managing information technology platforms such as Servers and storage as well as maintaining the network health and seamless connectivity from the corporate offices to the datacenters. This role also requires ensuring Disaster Recovery and/or other required backup and recovery processes and procedures are implemented correctly. This includes overall administration of the company's computing systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office 365, Public and Private Cloud platforms, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, Remote Desktop Servers, Active Directory, VMWare hosts, Storage Area Networking, Physical and Virtual Windows Services, Thin Client and Desktop Support, network Switches and Routers as well as underlying infrastructure technologies.
The position interfaces with all internal company personnel and externally with vendors for outsourced solutions.
- Build, manage, secure, and maintain server infrastructure across On-premise, Collocated, and Cloud-based environments.
- Assist in the planning, deployment and support of best-in-class hosting platforms for company enterprise applications.
- Monitoring, managing and maintaining the computing and telecommunications infrastructure resilience, desktop support, capacity planning, as well as security design and implementation
- Managing, patching and performing upgrades to core systems and technologies, prioritizing infrastructure tasks to ensure flawless work experience and access for internal users either remotely or in the office
- Documenting configuration, upgrades, procedures, problem resolution associated with network, hardware/software and operating systems etc.
- Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Responding to Helpdesk escalations and assisting in Desktop Support staff
- Enhancing technical skills, training and guiding other technical staff
- Other duties as assigned
- The position does not have Supervisory responsibilities.
- The position receives nominal guidance with respect to overall objectives; some of the work is completed independently within division or department policy guidelines to achieve assigned objectives.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's/Information Technology/Computer Science degree from two-year College or university and three (3) years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in computer networking and/or telecommunications.
- Experience in an Enterprise-level organization preferred
- Knowledge of server and desktop virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of networking products to include Switches, Routers, Firewalls and the use of TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with Microsoft server and desktop technologies including experience with Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
- Knowledge of Application Deployment technologies, including Remote Desktop
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory & Group Policy
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 & Azure
- VoiP and Telecommunications equipment experience is a plus
- Advanced personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, excel spreadsheet, graphics and the ability to learn various internal proprietary software packages, including but not limited to Office, Visio and/or other new or existing COTS software.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of intermediate computer networking operations (basic installation, configuration and trouble-shooting of networking products) including advanced features of various external packages as required.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networking principals. Knowledge of Microsoft Server products including Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services, Exchange/Office 365, and SharePoint.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Motivation/Initiative: Motivated and curious, willing to ask questions, research issues and take on challenging projects/assignments; creative, brings new ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence. Has strong achievement motivation and tenacity.
- Administrative Skills: Possesses ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks, recognizes and attends to important details with accuracy and efficiency, effectively prioritizes work. Works to complete goals, tasks and plans, anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal Style: (Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Teamwork); develops/maintains effective working relationships; listens attentively to others; communicates ideas clearly (written & verbal); relates to people in an open/sincere manner; participates effectively in meetings; assists in finding solutions as well as identifying problems; communicates appropriately with supervisor and co-workers.
- Self-Management: (Adaptability/Flexibility, Stress Tolerance, Autonomy); adapts readily to changes in routine; works effectively in stressful situations; needs general guidance and direction; is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; is reliable and dependable; is results-oriented; maintains productivity and composure under pressure; views problems as opportunities to create solutions.
- Thinking Skills: Diagnoses problems efficiently; gathers sufficient input before making decision or plans; makes timely decision, quickly determines sources of problem, identifies information needed to solve problem and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Customer Orientation: Sensitive & responsive to internal and external customer needs; demonstrates skills in customer services and satisfaction; maintains a positive attitude, willing to listen to customer problems and seeks solutions; stays in tune with changing needs of customers.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English using various communication methods (electronic and/or verbal communication methodologies); ability to communicate clearly and concisely across organizational levels; ability to analyze and interpret complex business and/or technical trade documents such as financial reports, briefs and/or regulatory agencies and/or journals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to deal with problems; ability to solve practical problems in a variety of situations; ability to define problems, collect data, analyze, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to embrace and manage change
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Company Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not meant to be all-inclusive and the job itself is subject to change. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
WASHINGTON COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Invenger Technologies, Inc.
PF1Professional Services, Inc.
Paradigm Management Services, LLC
Precision System Design, Inc.
MIT Lincoln Laboratory