Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by PF1Professional Services, Inc.
This position will oversee major aspects of the design and development of in-house software product, as well as the design and configuration of software provided by third-party vendors. The position is responsible for developing and documenting standards and best practices for the selection, development, and configuration of software applications and technologies. The Application Architect will evaluate software products and projects to ensure that they adhere to company standards, and research and recommend new tools and technology in order to keep the company competitive. This position will work closely with members of the IT leadership team as well as the software developer teams and third-party vendors across the entire software development life cycle.
- Design major aspects of the architecture of new applications, including components such as user interface, Middleware, and infrastructure
- Provide technical leadership to the application development teams
- Perform design and code reviews
- Develop and maintain enterprise-wide application design standards
- Work closely with analysts, developers, and project managers to ensure successful production of application software
- Oversee the architecture and development of the Enterprise Service Bus and web service layer in order to seamlessly integrate a variety of software and data components
- Research new software tools and technologies, create and evaluate prototypes, and provide recommendations to IT management
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to ensure that application architecture is aligned with business requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, requiring minimal supervision
- Strong prioritization skills; organized and efficient
- Able to manage relationships in a fast-paced environment while demonstrating persistence and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in the design, development and deployment of enterprise-level N-tier application architecture
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 5(+) years of hands-on experience designing and developing enterprise software applications
- 5 years of experience with design and development of application integrations, web service layers, and enterprise service bus architecture
- Bachelor's Degree required; in an IT-related field preferred
- Experience in Property and Casualty Insurance industry a plus
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Motivation/Initiative: Motivated and curious, willing to ask questions, research issues and take on challenging projects/assignments; creative, brings new ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence. Has strong achievement motivation and tenacity.
- Administrative Skills: Possesses ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks, recognizes and attends to important details with accuracy and efficiency, effectively prioritizes work of staff members. Works to complete goals, tasks and plans, anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal Style: (Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Teamwork); develops/maintains effective working relationships; listens attentively to others; communicates ideas clearly (written & verbal); relates to people in an open/sincere manner; participates effectively in meetings; assists in finding solutions as well as identifying problems; communicates appropriately with supervisor and co-workers. Able to maintain a calm and reliable demeanor in the face of challenges.
- Self-Management: (Adaptability/Flexibility, Stress Tolerance, Autonomy); adapts readily to changes in routine; works effectively in stressful situations; needs limited guidance and direction; is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; is reliable and dependable; is results-oriented; maintains productivity and composure under pressure; views problems as opportunities to create solutions.
- Thinking Skills: Diagnoses problems efficiently; gathers sufficient input before making decisions or plans; makes timely decisions, quickly determines sources of problems, identifies information needed to solve problems and analyzes alternative solutions, communicates issues and decisions effectively.
- Customer Orientation: Sensitive & responsive to internal and external customer needs; demonstrates skills in customer services and satisfaction; maintains a positive attitude, willing to listen to customer problems and seeks solutions; stays in tune with changing needs of customers.
PF1Professional Services, Inc.
Request Technology-Craig Johnson
MassMutual Financial Group