Network Engineer (6 month contract with Right to HIre)
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by PF1Professional Services, Inc.
Note: This is not a C2C opportunity. During the contract period, individual must be willing to work for PF1 Professional Services on a W-2 basis at an agreed upon hourly rate for each hour worked. If the individual rolls over to permanent at the end of the 6 Month Contract, the salary will have been agreed to before the individual begins work on the contract, but will be in the range of $85k to $95k, possible $100K.
Summary: The Network Engineer is responsible for building, maintaining and documenting the enterprise data communications and telecommunications networks. The preferred candidate will have seven or more years of experience working with enterprise data & telephony networks that includes the regular provisioning of layer 2 and layer 3 data communications devices from a variety of manufacturers including Cisco Systems and Palo Alto Networks. The exceptional candidate will flourish in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, forward thinking corporate environment.
- Manage, monitor and maintain all aspects of the enterprise data communications and telecommunications infrastructure across all sites.
- Work closely with departmental management in determining future infrastructure needs and develop plans for implementation of new systems
- Manage and support the IP-based telephony network
- Manage and support the physical security systems network
- Document all work including designs and repairs
- Act as Tier-3 Support when needed
- Create and maintain IPSec VPN circuits
- Provide systems operational support to telephony operations
- Prepare various reports relating to network communications as needed
- Stay current with data communication technologies, changes and updates
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The position does not have any supervisory responsibilities
- The position receives guidance with respect to overall objectives
- Some of the work is completed independently within corporate or department policy guidelines to achieve assigned objectives
- Strong attention to detail and documentation
- Strong time management, organizational and priority setting skills
- Strong interpersonal/verbal and written communication and typing skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong ability to analyze information and develop a comprehensive work plan
- Sense of urgency to complete tasks and projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work calmly and successfully under pressure
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise networks
- Knowledge and experience with enterprise networks, VoIP, SIP, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP routing and routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP, binary mathematics, NAT, PAT, IPSec and SSL VPN technologies, GRE tunneling, route redistribution, traffic shaping, port-level filtering, SD-WAN, MPLS and other communications related technologies
- Deep k nowledge of networking products to include data Switches (layer-2), telephone switching equipment, Routers (layer-3), Firewalls and the use of TCP/IP protocols and troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge and experience with asset management processes
- Knowledge and experience in IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Must be physically able to lift or move items up to 50 pounds
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Science degree and or Seven to nine (7-9) years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience in computer networking and/or telecommunications
- Knowledge of networking products to include Switches, Routers, Firewalls and the use of TCP/IP protocols and troubleshooting techniques
- Must have an aptitude for troubleshooting, analysing, and diagnosing problems.
- Knowledge of server and desktop virtualization technologies including experience with VMWare;
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy and other fundamental Windows and Network technologies.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of intermediate computer networking operations, basic installation, configuration and trouble-shooting of various networking products including advanced features of various external packages as required
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office 2013 or later - Office 365 is a plus
- Knowledge and experience supporting Cisco, Palo Alto, Brocade, and/or Aerohive network equipment is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with VPN and VOIP technologies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server products including Terminal Services/Remote Desktop Services, Exchange/Office 365, and SharePoint
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Motivation/Initiative: Motivated and curious, willing to ask questions, research issues and take on challenging projects/assignments; creative, brings new ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence. Has strong achievement motivation and tenacity.
- Administrative Skills: Possesses ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks, recognizes and attends to important details with accuracy and efficiency, effectively prioritizes work. Works to complete goals, tasks and plans, anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal Style: (Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Teamwork); develops/maintains effective working relationships; listens attentively to others; communicates ideas clearly (written & verbal); relates to people in an open/sincere manner; participates effectively in meetings; assists in finding solutions as well as identifying problems; communicates appropriately with supervisor and co-workers.
- Self-Management: (Adaptability/Flexibility, Stress Tolerance, Autonomy); adapts readily to changes in routine; works effectively in stressful situations; needs general guidance and direction; is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; is reliable and dependable; is results-oriented; maintains productivity and composure under pressure; views problems as opportunities to create solutions.
- Thinking Skills: Diagnoses problems efficiently; gathers sufficient input before making decision or plans; makes timely decision, quickly determines sources of problem, identifies information needed to solve problem and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Customer Orientation: Sensitive & responsive to internal and external customer needs; demonstrates skills in customer services and satisfaction; maintains a positive attitude, willing to listen to customer problems and seeks solutions; stays in tune with changing needs of customers.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English using various communication methods
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely across organizational levels
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex business and/or technical documents such as financial reports, briefs and/or regulatory publications and/or journals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to deal with problems
- Ability to solve practical problems in a variety of situations
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Advanced personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and the ability to learn various internal proprietary software packages, including but not limited to Office and/or other new or existing COTS software
- Ability to embrace and manage change
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment