Senior Software Engineer - C Programming
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior Software Engineer - C Programming - Must speak Mandarin
Salary: $150k to $180k
Selling Point: Develop a robust high performance NOS and SDN controller 5 years C programming Embedded Linux 2 years SDN X86 architecture Linux network device management
We are currently building our in-house Engineering team and are looking for a top-tier talented Senior Software Engineer to contribute to our fast paced and dynamic business of optical network module, circuit pack and subsystem.
- Develop a robust and high performance NOS and SDN controller in full software development life cycle including designing, implementing, and testing.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Actively involved in technical discussion/presentation and provide input to other members from hardware, optical module and system engineering teams.
- Engage and collaborate with third party and open source software projects and participate in relevant conferences (OFC, TIP, ONS, etc).
- Customer interaction including RFQ/RFP responses and pre/post sale customer support.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years experience in C programming in Embedded Linux network industry
- 2+ years experience in SDN related software development
- Masters degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 7+ years experience in C programming in Embedded Linux network industry
- 3+ years experience in SDN related software development
- Knowledge of Netconf/Yang and Openflow or other SDN management protocols
- Experience with optical network devices (WDM, Amplifier, ROADM, etc)
- Proficient in Mandarin
Skills and Abilities:
- Solid fundamentals in software engineering, including computer architecture, operating systems, distributed systems, data structure, algorithm and object-oriented design methodology.
- Proficient in programming in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python and Bash script and familiar with x86 architecture and Linux environment.
- Experience in network device management, such as configuration, topology, fault and performance management.