Territory Sales Manager
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Controlled Motion Solutions, Inc.
The Territory Manager will be the primary sales representative and support for the specified territory. The primary role for this position is to establish COMOSO as the primary source for all the COMOSO Products and Services for our customer base in the specified territory. This position will be responsible for establishing the strategy and direction for the related products and supporting all our product sales teams. The position will also require supporting the factory representatives when they are visiting local customers. Sales and Gross Margin growth will be a primary objective while maintaining a solid Product Penetration Matrix that will include all possible products with the given customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support as needed to customers, both internal and external.
- Drive the growth of all products and services to existing and new customers.
- Make regular visits to key and target accounts.
- Participate in all local Vendor trainings. This would include COMOSO internal meetings and vendor marketing meetings.
- Network with the Product Sales Managers to optimize our product penetration with our customers.
- Coordinate with marketing personnel on mailing and other programs.
- Become efficient in the use of , Phconnect, Tour De Force and TOPS.
- Maintain all customer information and customer activities in Tour de Force CRM.
- Utilize good communication skills and present yourself in a professional manner.
- Maintain a database of action items.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude with customers when faced with unreasonable demands or attitudes. Obtain complete information about customer problems or complaints and ensure that they are resolved in a timely manner. Advise your supervisor of unresolved or ongoing problems with quality of customer service.
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures. Report all injuries to your supervisor. Report any safety violations, questions or concerns to your supervisor.
- Keep all promises made to your customers that are within COMOSO control.
Nonessential Duties and Responsibilities
- Individuals will be faced with additional duties and responsibilities.
- Contact with customer will include:
- Communicating information to inside sales regarding current and future customer needs.
- Face to face customer calls.
- Promote premier customer service.
- Establish and maintain close business relationships with production/manufacturing, engineering, maintenance, technicians, etc.
- Solve customer "engineering" problems and provide solutions, either personally or involving somebody who can.
- Achieve balanced selling in specified product lines to satisfy numerous vendors.
- Regularly prospect for new accounts
- 2 years customer service experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Have a basic working knowledge of computers and the associated networks and devices
- Microsoft Office Suite competency.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Individual must be a team player.
- Must promote goodwill both internally and externally, inter-departmentally.
- Maintain all company owned assets and equipment as if your own.
- 4 Year degree or equivalent work experience with solid business acumen. Individual must complete training courses as required by the company to ensure they have proper product knowledge.
- Develop a working knowledge of the industries we serve.
- Individual must be able to communicate and work well with customers, vendors and company staff.
- Individual must possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as request for quotations, purchase orders, quotations from vendors, drawings, catalog data, operating and maintenance instructions and process manuals.
- Individual must have the ability to speak effectively before customers. The use of slang or foul language is unacceptable when speaking to a customer.
- Individual must have the ability to speak effectively before internal and external customers.
- Individual must have ability to apply common sense reasoning to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form and the ability to handle challenges that evolve in the daily processing of duties.
- Working Conditions
- Individual will be required to sit for extended periods.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- Use of phone and computer mandatory.
- The ability to work with an irate customer.
Confidentiality & Ethics
- Protect all sources of Controlled Motion Solutions revenues and maintain confidentiality on all company issues, including customer names, locations, buying habits, etc.
- Maintain company business ethics and standards of professionalism.
- Prior to hire, all new employees will sign a confidential information agreement, which protects all intellectual property of Controlled Motion Solutions, Inc.
- All personnel will demonstrate the highest professionalism and appearance with our customer base.
- We will win business through honest and safe means.
Controlled Motion Solutions, Inc.