AAT Accounts Apprentice, Cheltenham
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Datasource Computer Employment
Calling all school and college leavers!
Have you considered an AAT Accounts Apprenticeship?
Get In Touch!
We are looking to bring on a new Accounts Apprentice to be a part of our 2019 success story!
We are seeking an Apprentice to join our Accounts and Administration function. You'll be trained in how to assist the monthly running of an accounts department alongside how to support the office with administration tasks.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a college leaver or someone who just left school looking for a fresh start to a successful career path!
The AAT Accounting Qualification is a world leading accounting qualification and is the best qualification to kick-start your career in accounting and finance. Students are expected to attend classes one day a week and will sit scheduled exams. Your salary will be in line with the national minimum wage, with each exam pass being recognised.
Relevant stages of the AAT
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting
Datasource are proud to have won Gloucestershire's Business of the Year Award in 2018!
Datasource is a leader in IT and Technical recruitment. We specialise in supplying some of the most prestigious and respected Defence, Government and Technical companies.
You will be trained to be responsible for;
- Maintaining Sales Ledger: Raising customer Invoices and credit control duties
- Maintaining Purchase Ledger: Supplier invoices to be coded and entered, contractor invoices to be approved against authorised timesheets, processing staff expenses and statement and credit card reconciliations
- Banking: Process all supplier & staff expenses payments, ad hoc payments and daily bank reconciliation
- Other Duties: Dealing with problems quickly & efficiently and Ad hoc tasks as and when required by Company Accountant
- Administration: Support our Recruitment Department with Administrative activities. Such as answering the phone, opening post and ordering office stationery
- Knowledge of Excel to a minimum of intermediate level.
- Knowledge of Xero would be advantageous but full training will be provided.
- A "can do" attitude
- Confident and methodical
- Attention to detail
- Able to work to strict deadlines and complete tasks on a timely basis
You will be joining an ambitious and forward-thinking recruitment agency/Company who operate in a very niche environment working with some of the most prestigious companies in the UK. You can expect an exciting & friendly yet professional working environment where your input will have a direct impact into the ongoing success of our business.
Full training will be provided!
- A fantastic 6 week training plan on induction
- 23 days annual holiday plus 8 standard UK Bank Holidays
- Company pension to be opted into
- Great training programmes with extensive internal training and external training courses provided
- Opportunity to be a fire marshal and/or first aider
- Company shut down over Christmas!
- Fruitful office initiative includes fruit provided in the office to encourage a healthy ethos
- Other team incentives including Recruitment Bingo cards - win prizes for completing specific tasks!
- Team Building Days which include events such as Locked in a Room, Bowling, Racing, Corporate Events (Ice Bar London and Cheltenham Cricket Festival)
Our Values: Accountability | Quality | Positivity | Teamwork | Honesty
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2019.