Change & Configuration Specialist
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Modis
Change & Configuration Specialist required to work across geographical and cultural divides to draw together a comprehensive engineering capability that will derive a balanced system solution.
Typical activities will include:
- Act as the engineering focal point for platform specific engineering changes on the programme.
- Assist the Production team in identifying suitable embodiment points throughout the change process
- Play an active role in Customer Change Proposal Working Groups to ensure change is managed correctly
- Participate when required at the Joint Change Control Board in identifying change requirements and impacts associated
- Provide technical leadership within the Configuration & Change Team to identify domains affected by individual change.
- Manage the production baseline & change control process and the respective design data for the programme.
- To lead by example in fostering best practice in document and revision management.
- Support the Configuration Management team in ensure that change process and toolsets are optimized
- Audit the Engineering Change Process including all engineering change requests raised from trials, suppliers, internal design and production activities.
- Prepare material for internal and external engineering progress reviews.
- Provide concise briefings to Engineering Change Manager.
- Outstanding organisational skills are required, together with tenacity to drive the process of configuration control from start to finish.
- The ability for strong attention to detail is paramount for the successful execution of this role.
- Act as the conduit for information flows between relevant departments, to build effective relations with staff to ensure compliance with the documentation process
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Experience of controlling/managing engineering change on a complex programme
- An understanding of the importance of Change Control related Batch Management/Issue Control of assemblies and part.
- Familiar with ERP systems such as Windchill PDM
- PDM baseline and change management of platform design that is in full rate production
- Have been involved in engineering control of change embodiment into production batch build standards
- Ability to liaise with and present information to multidiscipline team members based in the UK and overseas suppliers to ensure baseline and changes are embodied in a controlled manner.
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information
The Talent Locker
Sanderson Recruitment Plc
Digital Gurus Recruitment Limited