Desktop Support Technician
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Roc Search Limited
I am looking for a number of Desktop Support Technicians to work on a permanent basis, located in Lyon, France.
Title: Desktop Support Technician
Salary: €40,000 - €42,000 per annum
Location: Lyon, France
Language: Fluent in both French and English
The successful Desktop Support Technician will provide technical support to end users (administrative and operational staff) for desktops, applications and related technology. Interaction with multiple levels of end users, managers, VIPs and technical staff is necessary.
Support includes the specification, installation and testing of computer systems and peripherals in accordance with the standards and rules established by our client.
A good understanding of general IT services is necessary, in order to be in technical support with local and offshore teams in charge of the network, IT security, Servers and telecommunications.
Desktop Support Technician Duties include but not limited to:
- Accurately test, identify, repair, resolve and document end-user technical issues for
- Support for desktops, laptops and workstations,
- Basic connectivity support (fixed and mobile telephony, VOIP)
- Basic printer support.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of software problems. Ability to install, configure, reconfigure or reinstall software, including "remotely".
- Repackaging of computers/hard disks according to customer standards
- IMACD function, including installation and decommissioning.
- Backup and restoration of parameters and administration activities of associated systems
- Prioritization of support and service requests using the "Service Now" ticketing application
- Training and knowledge sharing between internal teams on the use of hardware and software.