Project Manager - IT
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by ESG Consulting
The IT Project Manager aligns business goals with technology solutions to drive process improvements, competitive advantage, and bottom-line goals. The IT PM uses in-depth project experience and tools from traditional and agile project management methodologies to lead teams to successful outcomes.
Additional Responsibilities of the IT Project Manager include:
- Provides coaching and guidance to the team members about every aspect of the project so that the team members can understand their tasks fully and act on them efficiently.
- Manages stakeholder expectations and achieves certainty around the work product deliverables and outcomes early in the project and communicate progress throughout the project confidentially
- Wear multiple hats on a project when required easily adjusting and adapting different project roles to meet project goals.
- Business and IT Planning
- Selects the best methodology to follow for achieving a project's goals.
- Leads projects, develops and manages project plans.
- Leads work effort to identify scope and project parameters. Prepares and gets the approval of project charter and scope statement.
- Build and maintains the schedule
- Monitors performance of the project to success criteria and makes adjustments when required
- Build and perform status reporting to all stakeholders
- Provides for deliverable verification
- Plans and facilitates meetings and maintains minutes.
- Maintains all project documentation in a repository
- Performs Costing and Budgeting
- Focuses team on business objectives and tracks progress to ensure project milestones are completed on time, on budget and with the desired results.
- Prepares risk assessments and develops strategy and actions to minimize risks.
- Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model, coach, and mentor.
- Manages the development of team by ensuring, when possible, that project tasks are in line with each Innovator's career interests.
- Inspires coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Manages the process of innovative change effectively.
- Remains at the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Act as a change agent
- Take steps to ensure user acceptance and adoption of new solutions.
Required Skills/Experience of the IT Project Manager:
- BS Degree and five years recent experience preferred
- Professional certifications such as PMP, CSM or CSPO preferred
- Verifiable experience leading all phases of diverse business and technology projects that span an enterprise.
- Very strong experience with the use of traditional and agile project management methodologies
- Experience acting as a liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams.
- Vendor management experience.
- Well versed in the Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, and Visio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, subject matter experts, and frontline users.
Elite IT Recruitment LTD
Atlas Air, Inc