Senior Fullstack Engineer - Ruby on Rails
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Techolony
As a Senior Engineer, you will be expected to take a key role in the refinement of development tasks, and you must be willing to challenge requirements and take ownership of your commitments.
The Senior Engineer is key to the successful delivery of products and services.
As well as having technical expertise in many disciplines, you will work in the following areas:
- Raise the bar for best practices and help us build a world-class team with a brilliant engineering culture.
- Take collective ownership for the platform as a whole, responding to its needs for security, stability and availability.
- Drive the evolution of our architecture and take ownership of the design and development of core features.
- Refinement and presentation of planned architecture as well as offering advice and leadership on new architecture to follow when tasking out user stories.
- Expert Knowledge in full stack Ruby on Rails, preferably from version 3.2 and above.
- Expert knowledge in MySQL.
- Experience developing code for highly available business critical software hosted in public cloud.
- Demonstrable experience of agile working practices, Continuous Integration, GIT Flow, BDD/TDD and modern development patterns and practices.
Nice To Have
- Experience developing micro services architecture applications and scalable cloud infrastructure.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices.