Senior Trade Compliance Officer
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Modis
Senior Trade Compliance Officer required to be responsible for supporting the portfolio of programmes and business development activities across the business unit in all aspects of Import, Export and Customs Compliance, collectively "Trade Compliance".
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Support the business unit in managing all trade compliance activities within programmes, business development, demonstrations and exhibitions.
- Liaise with relevant programme personnel regarding programme trade compliance matters and advising decisively on an expedient compliant approach.
- Review and maintain records of all supplier responses to the Product Classification Questionnaire/RFQs.
- Prepare accurate and compliant export paperwork, customs documents and maintain appropriate records for both external and internal audit and as required by law.
- Accurately preparing and applying for UK export licences and F680s to meet programme objectives.
- Support suppliers in the scoping of accurate US export authorisation applications to support programmes/business development objectives.
- Act as the key interface between the business unit and empowered Export Compliance Officials of U.S. companies with respect to the export and re-export of U.S.-origin hardware, software and technology.
- Act as the key point of contact for all export compliance matters with all suppliers as appropriate.
- Provide advice and awareness training to current and new employees on the compliance requirements of UK and U.S. Import, Export and Customs legislation.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of the ITAR/EAR and other countries import and export legislation as required by business objectives.
- Support the establishment and implementation of processes and procedures associated with trade compliance as they relate to the business unit.
- Manage the coordination and conduct of internal trade compliance audits of programmes.
- Manage the coordination and conduct of external trade compliance audits on behalf of the Business Unit.
- Support and guide the activities of the other trade compliance team members.
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of, and experience in implementing UK export controls (Military and Dual Use)
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of, and experience in the use of SPIRE
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of, and experience in implementing, US export controls (ITAR and EAR)
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of, and experience in implementing, customs controls
Candidates must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information