Part/Newly Qualified Accountant - Private Investor Office
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Lorien
I am looking for a part or newly qualified accountant to manage all Private and Business finance operations for a Family Private Office, including underlying start-up businesses and overseeing equity investments made by the Private Office.
You will be responsible for financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures and will also include financial risk management.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, Accounts Processing/Receivables, remittance transfers, General Ledger and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Investments Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements, including personal balance sheets
- Manage month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Liaising with the external accountant and participating in regular financial meetings.
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller or similar role
- 3+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Part or fully qualified ACCA, ACA or similar(UK qualification is essential)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Given sensitive nature of information, it is important that the candidate understands the importance of discretion and confidentiality.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age