Software Development Lead (.NET)
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Casseo Limited
Our client is a key player within the financial services sector here in Ireland and they have engaged us to assist them in sourcing for a number of senior roles across the business, one of which is an experienced Software Development Lead (.NET)
On offer is a very competitive package inclusive of base (DOE) pension, health, life assurance, onsite facilities and much much more...
- Lead and manage changes to IT Products & drive continuous improvement
- Key stakeholder and influencer in defining and implementing IT Product strategy and design
- Develop and execute on both the product roadmap and technical strategy for all assigned areas of responsibility
- Develop and execute on delivery plans for all assigned areas of responsibility; manage daily activities, issue resolution and communication across squads and teams in order to deliver new software on-time, on-budget, with high quality, and as requested by the customer
- Provide leadership to squads to deliver new software features and components
- Manage self-contained, autonomous, cross-functional teams aligned to products
- Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle (design, implement, test, document and deploy).
- Overall end-2-end responsibility for assigned IT Products including development; production support including on-going maintenance, security, availability, capacity, performance, business continuity, vulnerability Management etc...
- Perform people management activities where applicable, a combination of direct and virtual team structure
- Research, learn, evaluate and make technology recommendations for all assigned areas of responsibility
- Work with Product Managers and Project Managers to plan and produce deliverables with a focus on an agile delivery
- Work closely with Business Analysts where applicable in relation to Product Backlog/Requirements Management.
- Manage Backlogs/Scrum-boards/Kanbans ensuring non-functional requirements are implemented.
- Engage with Product suppliers where applicable re Product roadmaps/patching etc
- Work with QA manager and QA leads to ensure quality handoffs from development to QA, and ensuring overall product quality
- With minimal support, must be able to take an idea from creation through construction and launched into production maintaining responsibility for ongoing support and enhancements
- Maintain high standards of quality for code, documentation and other deliverables
- Adhere to industry best practices and contribute to internal coding standards
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Manage financials where required
- 7+ years Snr Developer/Dev Lead industry experience
- Proven track record of software delivery in a Change (Project) and Service Operation (Support) environment Agile/Scrum
- Solid technical background with hands-on experience in software development
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a Matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to lead teams in driving high standards of change delivery and product/service provision
- Technical Self-Learner - DevOps/Cloud/Agile etc
- Net, Web Services, HTML, XML
- Azure DevOps
- AzureDevops Build
- AzureDevOps Release Management
- BSc Computer Science or similar
- Agile Certification
- Microsoft Certification