Senior Systems Engineer (Modelling)
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Modis
Senior System Engineer required to work within the System Modelling team. The team is responsible for supporting the capture of the overall goal architecture for the project, using SysML via PTC Integrity Modeller, as well as the system design.
The successful candidate will have the below skills/experience:
- Experienced in engineering methods and tools for system modelling (SysML)
- A belief in and understanding of the benefits of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience in roles that demonstrate technical leadership and application of system engineering skills, with a track record of delivery.
- Demonstrates understanding of the system engineering life cycle and phases, and challenges associated with system engineering in a delivery focused, commercially successful organisation.
- Confident and effective dealing with Customers and End Users
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills as well as motivation, integrity, professionalism, flexibility, commitment and innovation
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiar with tactical network infrastructures including networks, radios and system management considerations.
- Good understanding of messaging and routing protocols, TCP/IP, UDP, including those applicable to wireless (as well as wired) environments
- Experienced in the use of the following engineering tools: DOORS, PTC Integrity Modeller
- Good understanding of the OSI-layered communications model
- Knowledge of security processes and controls for secure military systems
- Knowledge of safety-related aspects of engineering, including SIL.
- Knowledge of Human Factors processes and techniques.
- Track record of influencing process improvement to increase efficiency/reduce cost/increase quality of outputs etc.
The successful candidate must be willing to undergo the security vetting procedure.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information