Senior Java Developer (Contract)
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Casseo Limited
Our client is a key player within financial services here in Ireland and they have engaged us to assist them in sourcing a Senior Java Developer for their primary development hub in the Co.Clare area.
This is an initial 6-month contract however we do expect there to be further extensions.
There may be a small element of European travel required.
- Take part in complete SDLC - from ideation to delivery to production
- Develop Low-level design for Web applications and API
- Develop Web Applications and Rest APIs based on the design specification
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Create Unit and Integration tests using JUnit, Selenium and Newman etc.
- Participate in code reviews and peer programming
- Test, Debug and Troubleshoot the applications, as required
- 10+ years of experience in design and development of Java, JEE applications
- Solid experience on Spring - MVC, Security, Boot
- Experience in developing Rest APIs. Knowledge of Microservices based architecture
- Web Development Skills - HTML, CSS, JS
- Knowledge and experience of working with continuous integration and development pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Gradle, Nexus etc.
- Knowledge and experience of application containers with Docker
- Basic administration experience on Middleware components - such as Weblogic, Tomcat, MQ, API Gateways etc.
- Familiarity with basic networking and infrastructure design principles
- Good understanding of load balancing, clustering, network, Infrastructure and Single Sign-on based web application development
- Solid written and oral communication. Experience coordinating with various IT functions such as Networks, Security, and QA etc.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality code
- Knowledge of OWASP, Secure Coding and Security best practices
- Agile development experience is preferred
- Experience on container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes
- Experience on OpenShift
- Experience of JS frameworks like Angular, React and Node