Industrial Sales Representative
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by 3M
3M is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Industrial Sales Representative for the Industrial & Safety Market Center. These positions will be available in various US locations to be determined, and require the successful candidates to re-locate anywhere within the continental US based on available/open territories. At 3M, you can apply your talents in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The Industrial Sales Specialist at 3M will be responsible for calling on manufacturing facilities and distributors. This position drives profitable business sales in assigned geography, accounts and/or distribution. The program provides a full twelve months of training to create "territory readiness" within the first year of employment with 3M.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government, or military environments to a 3M career.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Sales of Industrial Products such as: Abrasives, Scotch Brite, Pressure Sensitive Tapes and/or Liquid Adhesives
- Understanding of customer processes and being able to sell "value versus price"
- Working with distribution, end user specification, material approvals, making joint calls, and providing product training to customers
- Driving forecast attainment for the zone/territory assigned
- Daily usage of salesforce.com CRM system required
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to show 3M value proposition through hands-on demonstration
- Motivation to take an active role in self-development
- Excellent computer skills
- This position requires driving a company vehicle, which will require pre-employment and ongoing review of motor vehicle history for candidates who are offered and hired for this position.
- Successful candidates will be provided a company car in addition to a base salary and quarterly sales incentive. Qualified candidates must possess a current and valid drivers' license.
- This position may require you to relocate to other areas of the continental US to fill open territories based on business need. 3M would provide relocation assistance in this case.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- A current and valid driver's license
- Three (3) years of outside sales experience
- Three (3) years of experience in Industrial sales, such as Abrasives, Scotch Brite, Pressure Sensitive Tapes and/or Liquid Adhesives in a private, public, government or military environment
- Experience with Salesforce.com, or other CRM tool highly desired
- Bi-lingual skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to travel 10% of the time or more Outstanding sales preparation and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a sales team environment - Creative problem solving abilities
Location/Sales Territory: Multiple territories, will not be confirmed until after training is complete
Travel: May include up to 25% domestic overnight travel within the territory
Relocation: Is authorized within country per 3M policies
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)