Conference Center Technology Specialist
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is looking for a Conference Center Technology Specialist.
This individual will be the technician for AV troubleshooting conference technology. They need to have current InfoComm CTS certification and maintain throughout employment. They need experience with AV equipment, Audio Visual, Integration BIAMP system experience.
- Support the day-to-day Conference Center Technology operational needs.
- Assist the NY conference technology supervisor with organizing and documenting all aspect of Conference technology.
- Help keep documentation on all maintenance activities including any equipment changes and incident reports.
- Set up audio conferences (microphones, sound systems, speakerphones, conference calls)
- Set up and maintain visiting attorney offices.
- Set up presentation equipment (LCD projectors, screens, videos)
- Laptops (webcasts, network connections)
- Become proficient on the operation of Company's Crestron program.
- Ensure daily that all onsite Conference Center Technology systems are fully functional.
- Perform system maintenance as scheduled and work with vendors as required.
- Exhibit helpful, customer service-oriented attitude with team members and end-users.
- Remain calm yet communicate (and act) with sense of urgency when end-user has an urgent matter requiring resolution.
- General knowledge and troubleshooting of the firm's standard hardware such as laptop and related programs.
- General knowledge and troubleshooting of the firm's standard applications such as Outlook 2016 and Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Retains knowledge and stays current on the firm's procedures and guidelines that affect technology usage and support requirements.
- Test with external sites prior to meeting (ideally in the same video conference room as meeting)
- Coordinate with meeting host to confirm full understanding of what they are trying to achieve during their meeting.
- Daily systems room checks to ensure all of technical features are running at optimum prior to room usage.
- Provide immediate response to client requests for assistance.
- Maintain confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
- 2-4 years of AV experience in a conference center environment.
- Must have a current InfoComm CTS certification and maintained during employment.
- Exceptional customer service abilities.
- Superior oral and written communication and problem-solving/strategizing skills.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds and able to move freely within the workplace.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new systems and procedures/stay current with AV technology.
- Flexibility in daily work hours to meet the conference client's needs, including weekends.