Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Neighborhood Family Practice
Neighborhood Family Practice is a great place to work! We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
Dental Director is a part time position that requires a 24 hour per week commitment.
- Provides clinical dental services and preventive dental care in a community health center setting.
- Supervises the dental assistants and dental hygienists at NFP.
Essential duties and responsibilities which must be performed in order to carry out the position purpose summarized above
- Examines individuals requesting care, diagnoses their dental/oral conditions, prescribes and carries out or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental/oral treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
- Records patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patient's EMR.
- Educates individuals in the nature of oral health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention.
- Serves on the dental staff and other center committees as assigned.
- Prepares specific reports as requested by NFP's CMO and COO.
- Assists in the provision of continuing education, on-the-job training, and the orientation of community health center staff as requested.
- Designs, develops, and implements appropriate policies, protocols and procedures as directed by the CMO, which are in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards.
- Assists in the provision of technical assistance and health education to the community as requested.
- Participates in short and long term program planning for dental services and NFP, including development of goals and objectives.
- Provides consultation to the CMO, CEO and the Board of Directors regarding dental and oral health issues.
- Fully inform patients of the risks and benefits of any suggested procedure.
- Participate in developing and maintaining quality assurance methods.
- Travels and attends meetings as necessary to represent NFP.
- Supervise and integrate aspects of patient care utilizing medical home model of care.
- Responsible for personal full compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and NFP rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dentistry and the clinical provision of dental care as well as those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Participates in recruitment/retention activities of NFP as necessary.
- Work as a team member to support NFP as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
- Performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
Specific knowledge, training or skills required to perform the duties of this position. Specific concepts, courses, training programs or required certifications:
- Board Certified DMD/DDS (licensed to practice in the State of Ohio).
- Current BLS certification required.
- Current DEA licensure.
- Meet Board and State requirements for continuing professional education.
- Demonstrated understanding of public health policy and practices; familiarity with medical home model of care.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- In-depth emotional intelligence: demonstrated self-awareness, accurate self-assessment, sensitivity and empathy, openness, reliability and consistency. Demonstrated cultural competency and understanding of underserved populations.
- In-depth collaboration and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and generate results.
- Computer proficiency: application of EMR and related functional software.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
Essential Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to see, communicate, hear and utilize electronic communication devices.
- Demonstrated ability to walk, sit or stand for long periods of time. Bending, stretching required. Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Work environment is stressful at times.
Previous experience that is necessary background to qualify for this position:
- Dentistry experience in a community health center, preferred.