Financial System Project Manager
Posted on Mar 12, 2019 by Hampton Roads Transit
Position: Financial System Project Manager
Reports To: Director of ERP Services S
Hampton Roads Transit is looking to hire a project implementation manager that can deliver business value to the agency on a Microsoft Dynamics AX Financial system implementation. The Financial System Project Manager is expected to manage all aspects of the financial system implementation project and resources associated with the project.
Essential Job Functions:(Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Coordinates all resources, information, and activities for Financials business processes.
- Manages internal resources assigned to the project.
- Maintains and manages the overall project budget.
- Ensures contract milestones have been satisfactorily met before disbursing payments from the project funds.
- Manages the implementation activities, project schedule, task completion and milestones.
- Manages and tracks project risks.
- Acts as the primary project management interface to the vendor project team.
- Schedules meetings between the consultant and HRT staff.
- Coordination with Stakeholders across multiple departments and their respective teams.
- Ensures availability of appropriate resources to support project meetings.
- Ensures that project deliverables are reviewed by appropriate HRT staff in a timely manner.
- Identifies and logs proposed project change orders.
- Manages the resolution of project change orders.
- Documents and tracks to resolution project issues and decisions
- Works with the process owners in communicating decisions that need to be brought to the Project Steering Committee for review and resolution.
- Communicates project status, issues and risks to the appropriate stakeholders
- Able to effectively plan, execute and communicate the project progress to stakeholders
- Maintains the project calendar
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT's EMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT's Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
- Proven experience managing the implementation of a Financial ERP systems.
- Provide end-to-end project leadership and participate as a technical team member for the implementation.
- Technical knowledge of ERP Applications.
- Proven experience using Microsoft Project to manage implementations.
- Proven experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Adhere to Project Management practices and business change control process
- Ability to motivate, inspire, counsel and facilitate individuals and teams to take responsibility and accountability for the goals will be an added advantage.
- Ability to exercise overall day-to-day control of project leads, team members and resources balancing the needs for implementation success with the skills and capabilities of the staff
- Implement and lead an effective business process change management process that pro-actively identifies business process changes and incorporates an appropriate impact analysis and approval for such changes across the project team
- Good interpersonal skills with experience interfacing effectively between business and IT teams.
- Understanding of the agency's financial processes and policies that are key to successful implementation of the new system.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance, at all times, by defining and ensuring adherence to established processes and maintaining updated documentation at all times.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively convey information and work well in a structured environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different levels of management and within the business administrative, maintenance, functional and technical communities.
- Ability to interface with end users and effectively understand and support their requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer focus.
Required Software Knowledge and Skills Essential to Job Functions: Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated. Software applications: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.) and Microsoft Project
Training and/or Education: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited college or university.
Required Experience: 8+ years' experience with the successful project management and implementation of Financial ERP systems. Microsoft Dynamics AX implementation experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates: Virginia driver's license PMP Certification preferred
Special Requirements: This position is classified as non-essential personnel.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires high-speed operation of keyboard devices.
Unusual Demands: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime.